We, Ticket Baze, are enthusiastic about the opportunity to participate in the Cybersecurity Grant Program and present our proposal for the project “Automating Incident Triage for Enhanced Cybersecurity Defense.”
- Set of Questions and Problems to Address: Our project aims to address the following key questions and problems:
a. How can we accelerate incident triage to respond more efficiently to potential cybersecurity threats? b. Can AI-powered technologies effectively detect and mitigate social engineering tactics used by attackers? c. How can we enhance the identification of security issues in source code to prevent vulnerabilities? d. What role can AI play in assisting network or device forensics to speed up investigation processes?
- Description of Methodologies and Approaches: To answer these questions and tackle the identified problems, we will employ the following methodologies and approaches:
a. Data Collection and Labeling: We will collaborate with cyber defenders to gather real-world cybersecurity incident data. The data will be carefully labeled and anonymized for training our AI models.
b. Machine Learning and Deep Learning Techniques: Our project will utilize state-of-the-art machine learning and deep learning algorithms. We will implement natural language processing (NLP) models to analyze social engineering tactics and convolutional neural networks (CNNs) for source code analysis.
c. Real-Time Incident Triage System: We will develop an AI-driven incident triage system capable of processing incoming security incidents in real-time. The system will automatically categorize incidents based on severity and recommend appropriate response actions.
d. Integration with Existing Cybersecurity Infrastructure: Our AI-based system will be designed to seamlessly integrate with existing cybersecurity tools and processes, ensuring a smooth adoption process for organizations.
- Expected Results of the Project: The expected results of our project include:
a. Improved Incident Response Time: The automated incident triage system will significantly reduce response times, allowing defenders to react promptly to potential threats.
b. Enhanced Social Engineering Detection: By leveraging NLP models, our solution will better recognize social engineering tactics, minimizing the risk of successful attacks.
c. Effective Source Code Analysis: The AI-powered system will identify security issues in source code, enabling developers to patch vulnerabilities proactively.
d. Streamlined Network and Device Forensics: AI assistance in network and device forensics will expedite investigation processes, aiding in identifying the root causes of incidents.
e. Open-Source Solution: We are committed to sharing our AI models and software for maximal public benefit. Our solution will be open-source, allowing widespread adoption and collaboration.
In conclusion, Ticket Baze’s project on “Automating Incident Triage for Enhanced Cybersecurity Defense” aims to contribute to the collective safety of individuals and organizations by leveraging AI-powered technologies to strengthen cybersecurity capabilities. With the support of the Cybersecurity Grant Program, we are confident in achieving meaningful advancements in defensive cybersecurity.
We anticipate completing the project “Automating Incident Triage for Enhanced Cybersecurity Defense” within one year from the date of receiving the grant. Our projected completion date is 12/9/2024.
Amount Requested: We are seeking a grant amount of $50,000 USD to support the successful implementation of the project.
Funds Utilization and Budget Breakdown: The grant funds will be utilized as follows:
Data Collection and Collaboration (15%): $7,500
- Engaging cyber defenders and organizations to collect real-world incident data
- Establishing partnerships for data sharing and labeling
AI Model Development (30%): $15,000
- Hiring experienced data scientists and AI engineers to develop and fine-tune the machine learning and deep learning models
- Procuring necessary computing resources and hardware for model training
Real-Time Incident Triage System (25%): $12,500
- Building the AI-driven incident triage system with a user-friendly interface
- Conducting rigorous testing and validation to ensure accuracy and reliability
Integration and Compatibility (10%): $5,000
- Ensuring seamless integration of the solution with existing cybersecurity infrastructure
- Conducting compatibility testing with different platforms and systems
Ethical Considerations and Open-Source Licensing (5%): $2,500
- Implementing ethical guidelines and best practices for responsible AI usage
- Preparing documentation and licenses for open-source distribution
Project Management and Overheads (15%): $7,500
- Managing project logistics, communications, and coordination
- Covering administrative expenses and unforeseen contingencies
Total Grant Amount: $50,000
Roadmap for the Project (One Year Time Horizon):
- Initiate collaboration with cyber defenders and organizations to establish data-sharing agreements.
- Begin data collection and labeling process to build the incident dataset.
- Hire data scientists and AI engineers for the project team.
- Commence AI model development using machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Set up infrastructure and computing resources for AI model training.
- Conduct initial experiments to optimize model performance.
- Refine and fine-tune AI models based on feedback from initial testing.
- Start developing the real-time incident triage system and integrate the AI models.
- Conduct extensive testing and validation of the incident triage system for accuracy and reliability.
- Address any identified issues and fine-tune the system accordingly.
- Implement ethical considerations and guidelines to ensure responsible AI usage.
- Prepare open-source licensing and documentation for the project.
- Finalize the incident triage system and prepare for public release.
- Plan and execute a comprehensive awareness campaign to promote the solution’s adoption.
- Submit the final report and project outcomes to the Cybersecurity Grant Program.
- Continue community engagement and support for the open-source incident triage system.
- Monitor and gather feedback from users to improve the system over time.
We are confident that with the proposed budget and roadmap, we will successfully achieve our project’s objectives of automating incident triage and enhancing cybersecurity defense. The completion of this project will contribute significantly to the collective safety and security of organizations and individuals in the face of ever-evolving cybersecurity threats.
Thank you for considering our proposal, and we look forward to the opportunity to bring this vital project to fruition with your support.