Religious vocalist Ruth Matete is exonerated in her husband’s death trial


Image: “I miss your late father so much,” Ruth Matete painfully admits as baby Toluwa turns 1 month old

Gospel singer Ruth Matete has breathed a sigh of relief as she announced the conclusion of the court case regarding her late husband, Beloved John Apewajoye.

Taking to her social media platforms, the mother of one shared that the hearing took place on April 25.


Pastor Ruth Matete Claims Her Husband Predicted His Own Death

“A few days ago, the court case that has been looming over my head finally came to a close. The hearing was on April 25, 2024, and I was declared free. The case has been settled, and the file is now closed. All glory to God! I have recovered the gas cylinder and the three telephones. I will continue to serve God. I will continue to fulfill His purpose for me. Surely, I don’t resemble what I went through. It’s all for God’s glory,” she penned.

Matete reflected on the emotional aftermath of her husband’s tragic demise.

Apewajoye tragically passed away from injuries sustained in a fire at their residence in Athi River, Machakos County, on March 30, 2020.


Ruth Matete ready to move on, remarry & start a family 2 years after losing husband

The couple, who were only four months into their marriage and were anticipating their first child together, encountered profound adversity following the accident.

“I could write a lengthy post about it. You know I’m capable of that. But then I realized it would entail chronicling everything that has transpired over the past four years. So I changed my mind. Here I am, attempting to keep it succinct. It’s been four years. Life has somehow moved forward, but one thing remained… I got married. My husband passed away four months after our wedding,” Matete recounted.

Apewajoye’s death precipitated a cascade of challenges for Matete.

She recounted being scapegoated for his demise, enduring rampant speculation, and encountering hurdles in arranging his burial due to legal proceedings.

“For three months, I was barred from laying him to rest. Items were confiscated as evidence. Three phones and two gas cylinders. The smaller one that caused the accident and the larger one that was functioning. The smaller one was later seized. Afterward, I welcomed my baby and tried to soldier on. I continued to serve God,” she narrated.

Matete expressed profound gratitude for the unwavering support she received from her loved ones throughout the ordeal.

“Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. A heartfelt thank you to my father for standing by my side throughout this journey. A special gratitude to my spiritual mentor, Prophet David Owusu, for his prayers and, most importantly, his protection. Thank you, Papa. It’s over. It’s finally over. This is my testimony,” she concluded.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Click one of our contacts below to chat on WhatsApp